Canned responses are predetermined responses to common questions.
Canned Emails officially introduced in Google Labs: Canned Responses on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 by Chad Parry, Gmail engineer
How to enable Canned Responses in Gmail
- The upper right-hand corner of Gmail, then choose Settings.
- Click the Labs tab, find Canned Responses, click the Enable radio button to enable Canned Responses, scroll down and click Save Changes.
- Compose an email message you’d like to use over and over again, and then click the arrow in the lower right-hand corner of the message window.
- The next time someone emails you something that warrants the canned response you created, reply to the message and instead of typing your response, click the arrow button in the lower right-hand corner, select Canned Responses, and then under Insert, choose the canned response you created in the previous step. You’ll then see your response appear in the body of your reply.
How to automate canned responses
Gmail already lets you create filters based on a combination of keywords, sender, recipients, and more in your incoming messages. Turn on Canned Responses in Labs, and you can set a filter to grab one of your saved responses, create an automated reply, and hit the Send button for you.
Canned Emails is a website where you can find pre-writtem emails, originally by @dwmerriman at cannedemails.com.
Open source Clone by @nikhilmohan7 at canned-emails.lightrains.com
Some nice reads
- Canned Responses: Which Emails Should You Standardize?
- Quick Gmail Trick